Alvie Primary School formed in 1957 by the amalgamation of many small district schools. Past students remember Alvie Primary School as an important part of their lives, proudly supporting and serving local rural communities.
- The structure of our lessons, consist of four purposeful areas:
- Warm up (purpose to engage and create enthusiasm amongst students).
- Introduction (purpose to identify and articulate the mathematics including student learning intentions).
- Activity (purpose for explicit teaching whereby close monitoring and questioning is utilised to maximise the development of student learning. Here the gradual release of responsibility model is utilised – I do, we do, you do).
- Reflection (purpose of gathering evidence of student learning).
- Lesson content is driven by gathering student data through formal testing and the use of pre and post assessments determining an individual needs base and the breadth of student growth in each unit of work.
Alvie Primary School is well resourced with tools to assist teaching and learning Numeracy, such as:
- Concrete manipulatives.
- Digital technology.
- Essential Assessment (online maths program)
- ‘Maths seeds’ for students Prep – year 2.
- ‘Mathletics’ for students year 3-6.